For the soup
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass*
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves cut off from stems
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- Zest of 1 small lime
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sautéed Kale
- 4-6servings Salmon lime slices, from zested lime above)
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large soup pot, mix the water, lemongrass, cilantro stems (not the leaves!), chili garlic paste, ginger, and lime zest. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, cover the pot, and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the mushrooms, coconut milk, fish sauce, garlic powder in a large measuring cup. Set aside while the pot is simmering.
- Sautée Kale in a large skillet.
- After 20 minutes is up, strain the broth and throw out the lemongrass/stems mixture.
- Pour the broth back into the pot, and add the coconut milk mixture to the broth. Give it a stir and cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
- Preheat the oven to broil and heat a cast iron skillet with 1 Tbsp oil. Once the pan is hot, add the salmon filets, and cook for 2-3 minutes (3 if you have a larger piece). Transfer to the oven and cook for an additional 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then add in a scoop of the Asian Sautéed Kale, and top with a salmon filet! Feel free to add in some leftover Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice, if you have it on hand!