For a complete meal, add shredded chicken or a side of meat, fish or chopped egg.
- 2 leeks, white parts only, roughly chopped
- 3–4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 sticks celery, roughly chopped( optional)
- 1⁄2 small head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, stem included, roughly chopped
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (or dairy cream), to garnish
- drizzle of truffle oil, to garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook until the leeks are soft but not brown.
- Add the celery, cauliflower and broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until the cauliflower and broccoli are soft. Add the spinach and parsley and take off the heat as you want them to retain their bright green colour.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth consistency using a hand blender. Add nutmeg and pepper to taste.