Baked Vegan Eggplant (Gluten-free, Plant-based, Oil-free)
- 1 medium eggplant (about two to three inches in diameter and at least seven inches long
- 1/2 marinara sauce
- 2 gloves of garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and
- 1) Slice eggplant into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick circles (no thicker or eggplant will not cook properly).
- 2) Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes then turn slices over and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread marinara sauce and garlic. Cook for additional 12 minutes.Remove from oven and serve.
- Add fresh parsley or cilantro.