For the vegan kale pesto:
- 3 handfulls kale
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spice mixture
- black pepper
For the sandwiches:
- 4 oz smoked tofu
- 1 small zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- eizekiel bread * 2
- First make the kale pesto: Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the tofu into thin stripes. In a medium pan, heat some olive oil and stir-fry the tofu for about 2-3 minutes on each side until it is brown and crispy.
- Heat some more olive oil and cook the zucchini slices for another 3 minutes.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and generously coat both sides with kale pesto. Add the lettuce, the tofu, the carrots, and the grilled zucchini.